We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Sassa Pinka L Beige Pinkaholic Harness noxisn2914-Harnesses
- Aesculap Favorita II Favorita CL Shaving Head 1 10 mm NEW
- Quilted Rear Pet Dog Boot Liner Lip Predector For VW SCIROCCO TSI (08-)
- Flächenvorhang LED Aquarium 50 LED 1w 50w mit Timer für Lunar
- Puppia Base Jumper (raincoat) 3l Pink
- Pinkaholic Elicia Harness S pink
- Dogtra RR Remote Release Deluxe
- Majestic Pet 36 x 52 Bagel Dog Bed, X-Large, Burgundy Sherpa
- Replacement RODI Reverse Osmosis Water Filters 100 GPD Membrane 5 lbs DI Resin
- Puppia Naunet Harness B L bluee
- Petmate Pillow Bed 27 X 36 Mossy Oak 26940
- (large, Marshall) - Official Rubie's Paw Patrol Marshall Pet Dog Costume, Size
- Diamond Premium Complete and Balanced Dry Dog Food for a Working or Show Dog
- Dog & Cat Healthy Super Absorbent Pet Diaper Pee Mat House Training Pads
- PetSafe Elite Bark Control Collar, Anti-Bark Training Device, Static Correction,
- 8-ANDIS Lubricating CLIPPER BLADE &Shear OIL LUBEAlso For Oster,Wahl,Geib,Moser
- Hartman & pink Regency Luxury Green Leather Dog Collar with Crystals SZ 8
- Kittywalk Cozy Climber Cat House Taupe 13 x 22 x 60 KWCLT810
- Home Garden Wood Dog Cat House Fir Room In Outdoor Pet Puppy House Gift US New
- New Waterproof Play Pet Dog House Bed Wood Shelter Home Indoor Kennel 30.86lbs
- Hing Designs Large Edition Bone Bowl, Red
- Sera Med Professionale Nematol, 50 ML
- 10 (ten) Assorted Superbly Coloured Aulonocara (Lake Malawi Cichlid)
- Frontline Plus For Dogs 23 - 44lbs 6 Doses - bluee New Opened Box
- FREESEA 25W 400GPH Submersible Pond Water Pump For Pond, Fish Tank, Statuary,
- VALENTINA VALENTTI GATTO CANE ANIMALE DOMESTICO MANGIATOIA CRISTALLIZZATO DOPPIO
- RALPH & CO DOG COLLAR BRAIDED ROPE IVORY - XSMALL - RAL0415
- NEW Andis Dog Cat Grooming CLIPPER KIT-10,7FC Blade,4 Guide Comb SET,Shears,Case
- Dog Playpen Exercise Portable Kennel Puppy Pet Pen Soft Crate Easy Storage Red
- Mad Bomber Padded Faux Fur Lined Pet Bed With Reversible For Dogs Cats Puppies
- EcoPlus 590 GPH 2233 LPH, 40W Submersible Water Pump w 15 ft Power Cord Aqu
- Lb Hamster Cage 3storey 40x 26x 53cm
- Daylight Tropical 38w Lamp 106.5cm (42 )
- Bessie and Barnie Signature Camel pink Luxury Extra Plush Faux Fur Bagel Pet XL
- FLOAT EHEIM 2227 2327 complete REF 7654738
- OOTB Rolling Jumping Weazel Ball - Amazing Cat Toy
- Hummingbird feeder tubes set of 200(St200)
- AniForte rede Vogelmilbe Milben Stop-Puder 10 Liter Kieselgur Hühner, Vögel
- JP-068 069 Multi-Function Submersible Pump Aquarium Fish Tank Fountain 75W 95W
- Quilted Pet Dog Heavy Duty Boot Liner Predector For Renault Koleos 2008 - 2010
- Catit CLEAN ECO-FRIENDLY CAT LITTER PAN Lightweight Eliminates Odor- 46cm, White
- Beefeaters 20 Count Redbarn Ham Bone Treat 8 to 9
- Bully Max Dog Muscle Supplement 60 pills (180-Pills) by Bully Max
- Wahl Pet Hair Clipper Attachment Comb Set, Standard Adjustable Blades 10 ea 4pk
- KAYTEE Fiesta Parakeet Food 25-Lb Bag Free Shipping
- Stylish Lace Dog Beds Pad Winter House Trendy Design Mat Hot Modern Send Pillow
- IB Logo
- HOT Sale Purina Pro Plan Sport Dog Food Size 37.5-lb bag FREESHIPPING
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.