We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
Deep Professional ADB80101 Table Coral for Aquarium 13.5 by 5 by 10-Inch bluee noxlwh1907-Decorations
- Beregnungsanlage mit 2 Terrarium + Schaltuhr + Kanister Steuerung Beregnung
- Land Hell Sonnenblueme Kragen 2xl
- Aquastart Aquarium Starter Kit (25ltr)
- D31 Washable Brown Cotton Soft Mat Pet Dog Cat Bed Cage Blanket Rug 554022CM
- Jolly Pets Bounce-n Play Dog Toy, 20 Cm, Pink - 8 Toy Bouncen Ball Bubblegumcm
- Garmin Sport PRO Remote Dog Training System Bundle
- Triumph Beef Barley & Carred - 30 lb
- Large Soft Pet Dog Cat Bed Kennel Warm Square Sofa New Puppy Cushion Pillow Pad
- Dogs Out Doing Large Dog Car Booster Seat
- 24'' Tall Wire Fence Pet Dog Cat Folding Exercise Yard 8 Panel Metal Play-Pen
- Zoo Med-Aquatrol ZM34610 Aviansun Floor Lamp Deluxe
- Cat immune support food - ULTRA VITAMINS FOR CATS 3B- cat vitamin c
- TheraPure TPP240, TPP2400 Premium Compatible OEM Quality UV Bulb Lamp for use
- Seriously Strong by Petface Solid Rubber Rope Ball Dog Toy, Medium
- Wireless 1 2 3 Dog Fence No-Wire Waterproof Pet Containment System AU
- 6 in 1 Professional Pet Grooming Kit Box Cats Dogs Nail Clippe
- Miniature Pet Aquarium with Handle - Set of 24 [ID 3691500]
- Aquarium Submersible Water Pump 5000 L H Brushless Pond Fish Hydroponic Tool
- Submersible Water Pump Garden Fountain Pump Aquarium Fish Tank Pond LED Lighting
- Deluxe dog steps. 3 steps for Dogs Cats. Beige. Veterinarian recommended
- Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Joint Health Canned Cat Food 16 x 5.8 oz
- Ocean Nutrition Formula TWO Marine Pellets - Medium
- All For Paws Interactive Flutter Bug Cat Toy
- Quilted Heavy Duty Boot Mat Liner For FIAT DUCATO 2015
- Industrial PH Controller ORP Meter Monitor Digital Alarm w PComposite Electrode
- Boston Terrier - gold covered keyring with dog, high quality, keychain Art Dog
- BiOrb Anchor Ornament Medium 26cm Aquarium Decoration Fish Tank Realistic
- Eheim Professional 4 Plus 350 External Canister Filter - 2273 (Up to 95 Gallons)
- 14 x 40 Inch Bully Scoop Shovel with Sainless Steel Wear Strip - 31440
- 5 (five) x Pairs of HB golden Red Tail Guppy (Poecilia reticulata, Livebearer)
- Quilted Pet Dog Heavy Duty Boot Liner Predector For JAGUAR F-TYPE ALL YEARS
- Tetra (Tetra) 73510 Half Moon Aquarium Mini HM-10GF Worldwide
- Top Paw 36 dog training crate foldable for traveling Excellent Condition
- Hip Doggie Pink Skull Harness Vest XL
- 4 x Nester der Kunststoff für exotische GOULD ISABELITA MANDARIN Diamanten 2GR
- Trolly system 75 ft. w Rust resistant cable Dog tie out med lg dogs Four Paws
- IB Logo
- Andis Stainless Steel Blade Replacement Only Model RACD Easy Clip Clipper 60115
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.